Friday, August 03, 2007

I haven't forgotten about this blog, I just haven't felt particularly inspired by much for the past few months that has goaded me into writing. Yes, I should be doing it anyway, inspiration or no, and for not doing so I deserve a good bludgeoning, but I did feel I owed some sort of explanation to my regular readers. Well, reader.

So what's the occasion now? Life has picked up for me a bit over the past few weeks, and I can't sleep due to my head buzzing about the possibilities and potentials going on. I need to get these things out of my head so I can get some rest, unfortunately, I'm not going to do so. Yes, for once I'm going to keep my thoughts to myself rather instead of vomiting them up for the public en masse to experience vicariously. Instead I'm going to talk about some of the lessons that I'm learning which happen to be buzzing around with the possibilities - you can then extrapolate just what may be going on, heck maybe your version will be more interesting than the reality.

People love a good mystery. There's a reason it's a type of literature that has been popular as long as people have had the urge to tell stories. Don't show your hold cards after every hand, and don't be afraid to bluff, especially when you just may have the best hand, anyway.

Don't make gross generalizations about anyone, on an individual or on a group level. There's nothing wrong with a little skepticism, but it just may be possible that someone you thought was wronging you actually was looking out for you, and you just didn't give them the benefit of the doubt.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, men are stupid and women are crazy. Learn to appreciate what you see as their faults and you'll live a happier life. Though, in keeping with my rule above, I have to add. "unless they're not."

Your box is there for a reason, just be sure you make it a sanctuary and not a prison.

Don't assume you've failed. Until other people let you know without a doubt, you're never really sure what you did or didn't accomplish. And, even then you can never really be sure.

That's about all that's coming to mind right now, and I really, really do need to try to sleep, so no film review this time except to say check out "A Very Long Engagement." Its amazing. I'll try to go into it in more detail soon as its the only film I've seen in the last few months that's really affected on a deep level.

"Christian, you may see me only as a drunken, vice-ridden gnome whose friends are just pimps and girls from the brothels. But I know about art and love, if only because I long for it with every fiber of my being."


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home